Had a marvelous time during my recent whirlwind visit to Manhattan. Some of the highlights:
- Walking along the Highline while enjoying People’s Pops plum shaved ice.
- Viewing the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Truly amazing!
- Dining at Balthazar…the homemade sweet corn and ricotta ravioli with lobster, celeriac, and lovage was sublime!
- Shopping at Assouline and purchasing American Fashion Travel: Designers on the Go, an excerpt follows below:
- Attending a cheese and wine tasting class at Artisanal Premium Cheese. Tasted a Dutch Gouda (HOW-dah) that was the color of caramel; yet smelled and tasted like butterscotch, and left my taste buds in a frenzy, yearning for more.
- Lunching at The Meatball Shop, for you guessed it….gourmet meatballs; and the best arugula and sliced apple salad, I’ve ever tasted.
American Fashion Travel: Designers on the Go is a fashionable travel scrapbook featuring travel antecdotes, memories, and photographs from Donna Karan, Phillip Lim, Narciso Rodriquez, Vera Wang, just to name a few…
source: top left to right: photo 1: Alexander McQueen’s Widows of Culleoden Dress, Metropolitan Museum of Art; photo 2: balthazarny.com; bottom left to right: photo 3: Piet Oudolf, High Line; photo 4: © Ty Keennon