These questions are courtesy of Lauren at The Little Things We Do.
1. The holiday season is a special time to celebrate Jesus Christ; the perfect time to be grateful and count my blessings; a wonderful time to gather with family and friends, a fabulous time to set new goals for the upcoming year, and a great time to think about how I can contribute to and enrich my community.
2. Snow makes me snow flurries make me giddy. Living near Los Angeles, we rarely see snow, unless we drive to the mountains. Light snowfalls, which I’ve experienced on ski trips make me nervous, as I worry about safety when driving on icy-snow-filled roads.
3. The best comfort food to eat when it’s cold out is steaming hot Louisiana Gumbo served over rice. My list of ingredients for Gumbo include Andouille sausage, chicken, crab, and shrimp.
4. Winter is the best time for baking gingerbread cookies and sweet potato pies. And it’s absolutely divine to traipse around the house in flannel pajamas, drink hot chocolate with marshmallows, and snuggle in front of the fire.
5. I can hardly wait for take an overnight road trip to Nevada City, a quaint Gold Rush town located in Northern California, for their Victorian Christmas extravaganza.
6. When it comes to holiday gifts, I prefer to give. I love to see the faces of loved ones illuminated with smiles and bowed over from laughter.
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a 9. What I love about the Christmas season is, in my household, Christmas stretches from December 1st to January 1st. There are festive activities, preparations and celebration for each day of the month.
source: photographer Rob Brinson for Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Cool Yule December 2011